I love chocolate! So it is no suprise to me that I am obsessed with this chocolate cupcake. It’s a moist chocolate cupcake topped with rich chocolate frosting. The recipe is pretty simple too! It’s an adapted version of my Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes(http://fontgirl.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/chocolate-caramel-cupcakes/) Follow the same recipe just leave out the caramels. For the frosting, I used the same recipe (in the link above) but replaced the 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening with 1/4 cup of butter. I love a recipe that can make two different cupcakes!!
Now, for my French Vanilla Berry cupcakes! These cupcakes are so perfectly light and fluffy that you almost dont feel guilty for eating 3 of them in one sitting more than one. I used a traditional vanilla cake recipe and added some key ingredients. I used 1 tablespoon of French Vanilla flavoring (I like Wilton’s, but there are many brands that I’m sure will do just fine) and then I add 2 tablespoons of french vanilla cofee creamer. Weird, I know! But it works like a charm.
- 1 box of strawberries (at least 15 strawberries)
- 1 bog of blueberries (2 ½ cups)
- 3 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
With the first set ingredients, you are going to make the berry jam.
- Wash the berries
- Cut the strawberries
- Place berries in a bowl and mash them together (I used a potato masher)
- Pour berries into a pan and add 3 cups of sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir until combined
- Let boil (stirring occasionally) for 7-10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Turn to low heat and add cornstarch (be sure to add the cornstarch to cold water before adding it to the hot mixture – reference the directions on the side of the cornstarch box)
- Remove from heat, let cool completely
Using the second set of ingredients:
- Cream the creamcheese and butter with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until it appears fluffy.
- At this point, add in 2 1/2 cups of the cooled berry filling. (You might need more depending on how much of the berry flavor you want to taste)
- Mix togethert until well combined
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
** Don’t forget to sign up for the Bake It Pretty Giveaway! Deadline is October 4th.
Read my Sept. 21st post for deatils!!**