Need a quick trick to spice up your Vanilla cupcakes? How about a Banana Nut Crunch topping that bakes right into your delicious cupcake?
This topping is so simple and turns a traditional vanilla cupcake into a yummy banana treat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Cups of Pecans
- 1 Banana
- 2 Cups of Dried Banana Chips
- ½ cup of honey granola
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 2 tbs of Brown Sugar
What to do:
- Using a food processor, grind the pecans to small little chunks
- Slice your banana into small cubes
- Place your dried banana chips in a ziplock bag and lightly crush them with the palm of your hand. You do not want these pieces too small.
- Combine a all of your ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well
- After you have poured the batter for your vanilla cupcakes – place a spoonful of the topping mixture on top of each unbaked cupcake
- Bake according to your cupcake recipe
- When your cupcakes are done baking, the mixture will be baked on top of your Vanilla cupcake! Crunchy and delicious! I like to top these with Peanut Butter or Cream Cheese Frosting!