I don’t know about you, but I am soooo glad it is Friday! What a week! Today’s recipe is admittedly, not a cupcake, but just as delicious and fun to bake. Not too mention these cupcake cookies go perfect with a cup of hot chocolate.
Also, don’t forget to enter the Stay Calm Cupcake Kit Give-Away! Enter today, you still have time. I have gotten lots of great entries, but not nearly enough. Two winners will be chosen on Monday, Nov. 8th. Good luck!! https://fontgirl.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/619/
All blog subscribers get $5 off any cupcake purchase over at my etsy shophttp://www.etsy.com/shop/StayCalmCupcake It’s a great deal but it ends soon. Use code sccs10
And now for the Cupcake Cookie Recipe!!
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together butter and sugar on low speed of mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in vanill and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Using a small cookie scoop or two spoons, shape dough into balls.
- Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small separate bowl.
- Drop dough balls one by one in the sugar mixture. Make sure the dough ball is entirely covered with sugar.
- Place a dough ball in a “tart liner” (I’m not sure what they are called, they look just like cupcake liners but aren’t as tall. You can tell from the picture what they are) and place chocolate chips on top. I used about 7 chips per dough ball.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, just until cookies have set. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Bake at 375°F oven for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Tips: Do not over bake cookies; watch closely near the end of baking time.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies, depending on size.