I am happy to announce that I perfected my Mint Buttercream recipe. After looking through what seemed like 100’s of online recipes, I found a few I liked and combined them. The result you ask? A really yummy, “I’d put this on anything and eat it” kind of frosting.
Needless to say, I made a batch of Mint-Chocolate cupcakes, ate one, and got them out of the house!!
Mint Chocolate cupcakes are perfect for the Holidays. Enjoy this recipe and make sure you share with others🙂 Stay sweet xoxo
- 3 sticks of room temperature butter (it’s very important they are room temp)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar (no need to sift)
- 1 tbs of cream of tartar
- 6 tbs of Half and Half
- 1/2 cup of thawed cool whip
- 1/4 tsp mint extract (use a little more depending on how “minty” you want it)
- 2 drops of green food coloring
- Andes mint candies
- Beat the butter in your mixer until very creamy. You will need to scrape the bowl several times
- Adding one cup of powdered sugar at a time, mix in with the butter.
- Add the half and half and mint extract. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes (be patient!)
- Add the cream of tartar, food color and cool whip.
- Mix on medium high for another 5 minutes.
**Frosting will be very thick, but it’s supposed to be🙂 **
These cupcakes are now available on my Etsy shop. Eight (8) cupcakes for $12, plus an extra treat because you read my blog! www.etsy.com/shop/staycalmcupcake xoxo