I am happy to announce that I perfected my Mint Buttercream recipe. After looking through what seemed like 100’s of online recipes, I found a few I liked and combined them. The result you ask? A really yummy, “I’d put this on anything and eat it” kind of frosting.
Needless to say, I made a batch of Mint-Chocolate cupcakes, ate one, and got them out of the house!!
Mint Chocolate cupcakes are perfect for the Holidays. Enjoy this recipe and make sure you share with others Stay sweet xoxo
- 3 sticks of room temperature butter (it’s very important they are room temp)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar (no need to sift)
- 1 tbs of cream of tartar
- 6 tbs of Half and Half
- 1/2 cup of thawed cool whip
- 1/4 tsp mint extract (use a little more depending on how “minty” you want it)
- 2 drops of green food coloring
- Andes mint candies
- Beat the butter in your mixer until very creamy. You will need to scrape the bowl several times
- Adding one cup of powdered sugar at a time, mix in with the butter.
- Add the half and half and mint extract. Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes (be patient!)
- Add the cream of tartar, food color and cool whip.
- Mix on medium high for another 5 minutes.
**Frosting will be very thick, but it’s supposed to be **
These cupcakes are now available on my Etsy shop. Eight (8) cupcakes for $12, plus an extra treat because you read my blog! www.etsy.com/shop/staycalmcupcake xoxo