What is more decadent than champagne and strawberries? How about a Champagne cupcake with fresh strawberries topped with fluffly vanilla buttercream! I’m practically drooling just typing!
This Strawberry Champagne cupcake is the perfect treat for a New Years eve party, a New Years day lunch, or even a sweet little toast on Christmas Night. The subtle champagne flavor is complimented by fresh strawberries and creamy homemade buttercream frosting. This cupcake is just so perfectly romantic that I can’t imagine not making it this New Years!
Champagne Cupcakes (Adapted from AllRecipes.com)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups champagne (the sweeter the better )
- 6 egg whites
- 10 Large strawberries diced up
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of heavy whipping cream
To Make The Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Add strawberries, mix well to incorporate
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes
To Make The Frosting:
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter. Mix on low until well blended.
- Continue mixer on medium for another two minutes.
- Add vanilla and whipping cream, beating on medium for another minute.
- Frosting should be light and fluffy.
After the cupcakes are cooled and frosted, top each cupcake with half of a sugar dipped strawberry. A cute serving idea is to place each cupcake in a plastic champagne glass.
Enjoy the recipe – Stay Sweet! xoxo