Is everyone ready for some fun 4th of July Cupcake ideas?? Ok good, me too! I’ll start with my really fun, and really easy Red, White, and Blue Minis.
What you will need:
- Vanilla or White Cake Cupcake Batter. My favorite recipe is this one!
- Red and Blue food coloring
- Vanilla Frosting (Great Buttercream recipe here)
- White Mini Cupcake liners
- Festive Sprinkles
- 3 medium size bowls
- Split the cake batter into 3 different bowls
- Dye one bowl of batter red, and one blue
- Place your cupcake liners in your cupcake pan
- Start by putting a small amount of red batter at the bottom of each cupcake liner
- Follow that by putting the plain vanilla batter in each cupcake liner on top of the red
- Finish with a small amount of blue batter in each liner
- Bake according to direction in recipe
- Once your cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them. Do not use too much frosting, a little dollop will work just fine
- Pour your festive sprinkles on a plate – I like to combine a bunch of different types of sprinkles.
- Turn your frosted cupcake upside down and dunk it in the sprinkles on the plate
It’s as easy as that! Absolutely the perfect size for kids to enjoy at a 4th of July BBQ!
You can use the same technique to make Jumbo cupcakes too. Just use a bigger cupcake pan and more batter
Like the idea of cupcake jars?
Just layer the cake and frosting in a red white and blue pattern and voila – the perfect 4th of July picnic dessert!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week and is ready for a relaxing holiday weekend.
Happy 4th of July my loves!