Strawberry Swirl Cake
This recipe fits into the “semi –homemade” category of my recipe box. But don’t let that trick you, it tastes 100% homemade and delicious! The combination of strawberry, vanilla, and whip cream will have everyone begging for more. I promise!
What you will need:
- One box of Duncan Hines Vanilla Cake Mix
- One Box of Duncan Hines Strawberry Cake Mix
- 6 eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cups of Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup of Marshmallow Fluff
- ½ Block of Cream Cheese
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbs of Strawberry Jello Powder
- Remaining Strawberry Puree
- Grease a cake pan (use any size you want. I used a small pan and only used half of the batter. It just depends how much cake you want J)
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Prepare both cake mixes according to directions on the back of the box
- Pour the marshmallow cream and chopped strawberries into a food processor. Process for 1 full minute.
- Pour some of the vanilla batter on the bottom of your pan
- Pour multiple lines of the strawberry cake batter on top of the vanilla batter.
- Add 6 spoonfuls of strawberry mixture on top of the batter. Place the spoonfuls in various places around the pan. You want to use about half of the strawberry puree you previously made.
- With a knife, swirl the batter and strawberry mixture together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While yours cake is baking, you can make the frosting.
- In your mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Whip until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Mix well
- Add in the remaining strawberry puree
- Add in 2 tbs of Strawberry Jello Powder – Mix well.
Once your cake is cooled, frost the cake, cut and serve. Finish each slice with some whip cream and enjoy!!
Have a sweet Tuesday friends!