Everyone loves a delicious cupcake for their birthday, right? Duh! It’s even more special when those cupcakes are homemade. So today, I’m going to share a REALLY simple recipe for Birthday Cake Cupcakes, known in the world of box cake as “Funfetti”. Let’s get started!!
Birthday Cake Cupcakes
~ 2 cups all-purpose flour
~ 1 ½ cups sugar
~ 1 tablespoon baking powder
~ ½ cup milk
~ ¾ cup water
~ 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
~ ½ cup butter, softened
~ 3 eggs
~ 1/3 cup of rainbow sprinkles. I like to use rainbow sanding sugar or rainbow jimmies.
- Pre-heat your over to 350 degree
- With a whisk, combine flour, sugar, baking powder
- Add in the milk and whisk to combine.
- Add water, vanilla, butter, and eggs. Combine with an electric mixer then beat two more minutes.
- Add in your rainbow sprinkles
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and place in oven
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 Minutes.
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup of cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbs of vanilla extract
In an electric mixer cream together the butter and the cream cheese. Beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Slowly add in one cup of powdered sugar at a time. Mixing in between each addition
Add in the vanilla extract, mix to combine
If your frosting is too thin – add more powder sugar. If your frosting is too thick, add in a tbs of milk.
Decorate with rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!!
Now that’s a perfect birthday cupcakes!
Hope you are all having a great week so far.
Stay Sweet! xoxo