Happy Wednesday! How’s everyone holding up? With only 18 days until Christmas, I’m sure you’re all as busy as I am.
Believe it or not, I still don’t have my tree up or any decorations in my house! I do have the bulk of my gifts bought though– that counts for something, right? I also have been baking up a storm, but I’m sure that doesn’t surprise any of you🙂
Today, I actually wanted to take a break from the traditional holiday treats and feature a cupcake that is one of my absolute favorites! It’s a Butterfinger cupcake, and I guarantee it will fit in just fine at any holiday event or get-together. Enjoy the recipe!! Xoxo
Here’s What you’ll need:
- 1 stick Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tbs Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup of finely crushed Butterfinger (I use a food processor )
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- 2 sticks of butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups of powder sugar
- 1/3 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of crushed Butterfinger (approx 4 candy bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In your mixer (or with a handheld mixer) beat the butter until it is soft, then add sugar and continue to beat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients(Cocoa Powder, Flour, Salt, Baking Powder) and whisk them until they are well combined
- Add the mixture of dry ingredients to the butter and sugar. Mix well until combined
- Mix in crushed Butterfinger
- Add the liquids (milk & vanilla), scrape down bowl and beat to combine.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 20-22 minutes.
While your cupcakes are baking, let’s work on the frosting!
- In your mixer beat the butter and cream cheese on med-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing well between each cup
- Mix in the vanilla, mix for 1 minute
- Add in the crushed Butterfinger and mix for another minute.
** If your frosting is too thick, add a small amount of milk or creamer. If your frosting is too thin, add some extra powdered sugar **
Later this week I will be sharing a recipe for Snow-Cap Cupcakes! Have a great week everyone. Stay Sweet!!