As promised, today is all about candy corn cupcakes!! If you haven’t already, make sure you enter to win an awesome McCormick Halloween Treat Basket. Find out more details on the prize and how to enter here.
Candy Corns have been, and always will be, the quintessential fall candy. I’m not sure what I like best about them….the bright fall colors, the taste of pure sugar, or the fact that they are perfect for decorating cupcakes with!
Today’s Recipe and Decorating ideas are super easy and perfect to do with your little ones at home. I love this recipe because you bake candy corn right into the cupcake! They come out gooey and delicious – not to mention they look so festive!
Candy Corn Cupcake
For this cupcake, I use a traditional vanilla cake recipe. If you want to make this even easier, you can use a box mix.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vanilla Cake Batter (or Box mix)
- Vanilla Frosting (or Can Frosting)
- 2 ½ cups of candy corn
- McCormick Yellow Food Coloring
- McCormick Red Food Coloring
- Fall colored sprinkles
- Cupcake Liners
- Piping Bag
- Start Tip for frosting
Ok, now that we have all of our necessary ingredients, let’s get started.
- Start by chopping up 1 cup of candy corn. I did this with a knife, but a food processor would work well too. You want medium size chunks.
- Pour the chopped candy corn into the vanilla cake batter
- Measure out 3 tbs of fall sprinkles. Pour sprinkles into the cake batter.
- Mix the candy corn and sprinkles thoroughly into the cake batter
- Pour cupcake batter into your cupcake liners and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of your cupcakes are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
Let’s makes some frosting while we are waiting for our cupcakes to cool.
- Take the vanilla frosting, whether it is canned or homemade, and divide it into 3 bowls.
- In one bowl, use 3 drops of McCormick’s yellow food coloring and mix well – set aside
- In one bowl use 3 drops of McCormick’s yellow food coloring and one drop of McCormick’s red food coloring. Combine well until you get the perfect color orange.
- Using a spatula or spoon, spoon some yellow frosting into the left side of your piping bag. Fill the other side with orange frosting, and top with the remaining white frosting.
- Swirl the frosting onto your cupcake and decorate with candy corn!
Be creative with your candy corn decorations – possibilities are endless!
Hope you and family enjoy this fun fall recipe. Let me know how your candy corn cupcakes turn out!
Stay Sweet. Xoxo