What is more fun than Tie-Die?! Well, Tie-Die Cupcakes, of course! These colorful cupcakes are the perfect addition to any birthday party. With a simple vanilla base, the recipe is quick and virtually impossible to mess up. Get creative with your own color combinations and make your next party funky fresh!
Here’s the recipe – Enjoy!
Makes 15-18 Cupcakes
~ 2 cups all-purpose flour
~ 1 ½ cups sugar
~ 1 tablespoon baking powder
~ ½ cup milk
~ ¾ cup water
~ 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
~ ½ cup butter, softened
~ 3 eggs
~ 3 different colors of food coloring
- Pre-heat your over to 350 degree
- With a whisk, combine flour, sugar, baking powder
- Add in the milk and whisk to combine.
- Add water, vanilla, butter, and eggs. Combine with an electric mixer then beat two more minutes.
- Divide the batter into 3 small bowls
- Color each bowl of batter a different color
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- 8. Starting with one color, put a spoonful of batter into each liner
- Alternate colors until cupcake liners are ¾ full
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 Minutes.
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbs of vanilla extract
- 3 colors of food coloring
In an electric mixer cream the butter until light and fluffy. I usually beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
Slowly add in one cup of powdered sugar at a time. Mixing in between each addition
Add in the vanilla extract, mix to combine
(If your frosting is too thin – add more powder sugar. If your frosting is too thick, add in a tbs of milk.)
How to decorate with multi-colored frosting
- Separate the frosting into 3 small bowls. Using food coloring, color each bowl a different color.
- Cut the tip off your piping bag, insert the piping tip.
- Use a medium size cup and fold the piping bag over the edges – this makes it easier to fill the piping bag with frosting.
- Using a spoon or spatula, put one of the colored frostings into the piping bag. Alternate colors until your piping bag is filled with multi-colored frosting.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Add sprinkles if you desire.
There you have it! Let me now f you have any questions.
Until next time, Stay Sweet!