I have to apologize – I have not blogged since the 1st of March! I have no good excuse, but I have been so busy baking, and shipping orders. Not to mention, I was deathly ill the past 7 days! But I’m back and ready to share some awesome recipes with you.
I recently had a request for Pistachio cupcakes….I was initially terrified at the idea because I had never even tried to make these kind of cupcakes before. To my suprise however, I found a lovely recipe that took me no longer than 15 minutes to whip together. I don’t normally like pistachio muffins, cupcakes, or even pistachio’s in general – but these cupcakes are good!
So I hope you enjoy the recipe, because it is sure to impress anyone who bites into these little green cups of nuttiness.
(Adapted from Martha Stwearts Pistachio and Raspberry Recipe)
- 1 cup whole unsalted pistachios, plus 1/4 cup slivered or chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 drop of green food coloring (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Process whole pistachios, sugar, and salt in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add butter, vanilla, and eggs, and process until smooth. Add flour, and pulse until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each halfway. Bake for 24-28 minutes
- Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 2 days.
I topped mine with the cream cheese frosting I use for my red velvet cupcakes – but any vanilla frosting would be just as yummy!! Enjoy!!