Another chance to win an awesome prize during the “Shop Til You Drop Blog Crawl”. Make sure you don’t forget to enter some of the other awesome giveaways going on as well (Free Cupcakes, Toddler Tutu, Gourmet Lollipops, Carseat Canopy). All prize winners will be announced on May 2oth.
Stay Sweet! xo, Jill
Happy Thursday my sweets!
Are you ready for a chance to win another prize?? This one is perfect for all the moms out there – its a car-seat canopy by DoDu! Read below for rules on how to enter.
Thanks for joining us for this fun Blog Crawl! Come back later today for a yummy cupcake recipe!
Also, don’t forget to enter the other giveaways that are still in progress! Suckers by Steph and Call Me Cordelia
Hi, I’m Josi. I’m so excited to participate in the Shop Til you Drop Blog Crawl.
The giveaway for today is a
Dodu (doh-doo) Baby peek.a.boo car seat canopy!!
I started making these car sear canopies when I needed to protect my new baby Nina from the harsh weather conditions of Chicago, but couldn’t find any covers with fabric that I was willing to carry around…AND so was the start of Dodu Baby.
A dodu peek.a.boo is a fun and stylish car seat canopy that protects your little one from the elements (wind, sun, GERMS, noise, etc) while maintaining a safe and cozy environment. Easy to attach and detach to any standard infant car seat, a peek.a.boo can also be used as a colorful blanket for your munchkin to play on.
1. “Like” Dodu Baby’s facebook page and leave a comment on the wall!
2. Visit the Dodu Baby’s shop and choose your very favorite car seat cover…
then come back to the Dodu Baby blog and
leave a comment about which item you want to win.
The winner will be announced May 20th!
It’s finally Thursday – only one more day until Friday – glorious Friday!! So let’s chat cupcakes! I’m thinking sweet and salty cupcakes!
I was inspired the other night to create a recipe for a crunchy pretzel cupcake topped with chocolate frosting and drizzled with caramel. What could be better? I don’t know about you, but I love the sweet and salty combo!
Let’s get started!
The base of this cupcake is a butter cake. For that you will need:
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (a stick and a half) unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 3 cups of crushed up pretzels
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Fill each cupcake liner with 1.5 tbs of crushed pretzels
- In a medium bowl combine the egg yolks, 1/4 cup milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended. Add the butter and remaining 3/4 cup milk.
- Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the egg mixture, in 3 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg.
- Pour the batter over the crushed pretzels in each of your cupcake liners
- Bake for 18-20 minutes – until golden brown on the top
Top with gooey chocolate frosting and drizzle with warm caramel. Sprinkle with remaining pretzel bits if desired. The perfect late night snack! Even better with a cocktail!
Don’t forget to enter my Delightful Design Giveaway!!
Only 10 more days until Christmas is here!! I still have so much to do! If any of you are like me and leave the stocking stuffer shopping until last minute – then I have great news! I am hosting an ADORABLE Christmas Cupcake giveaway from Alicia over at Happy Squid Muffin (http://www.etsy.com/shop/HappySquidMuffin) These cute little cupcake magnets would make the perfect stocking stuffer for any cupcake enthusiast.
One reader will win this cute cupcake magnet set!
I first found Alicia’s quirky little etsy shop when I needed some custom ornaments made for a family ornament exchange. I love the final product she sent me! It was exactly what I wanted. Alicia makes the cutest magnets, earrings, ornaments, and charms. All of her products are 100% handmade and never mass produced. She also accepts lots of custom requests which is great if you want something really special and unique.
So, are you ready for the giveaway details??
One lucky reader will win a set of Christmas Cupcake Magnets – Made Exclusivley for Stay Calm, Have a Cupcake! These magnets make a gret stocking stuffer and are sure to look adorble on your fridge.
How to Enter:
- Visit HappySquidMuffin and leave a comment on my blog saying what you liked in her shop (Mandatory + 1 entry)
- Favorite HappySquidMuffin on Etsy (+1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog (+1 entry)
- Tweet or Facebook about the giveaway (+1 entry)
Winner will be announced on Monday, Dec 20th. Good Luck!!