Image from weheartit.com
Ah, Wednesday. Halfway through the week – Wednesday feels good, doesn’t it?! I’d like to thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! You sure know how to make a girl feel loved 🙂
I have to admit though, with everything going on for my birthday, I neglected to notice that it was my dear friend’s one year wedding anniversary. Such a great milestone to celebrate! And you know that no one loves a celebration as much as I do, it’s the perfect excuse for eating tons of cake (or cupcakes in my preference!)
So today, I dedicate this post to my close friend Nikki. You are inspiring, determined, and oh-so creative. Thanks for being my friend and happy ONE YEAR Anniversary! So happy for you and your hubby!
Let’s celebrate with a recipe for traditional white cake and some great cupcake decorating ideas!!
Beautiful Cake and Cupcake Display! By "Cakes and Culinary Creations"
Classic White Cupcakes (adapted recipe from Wilton)
• 6 cups white flour sifted
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
• 3 cups granulated sugar
• 2 cups milk
• 2 tbs of Vanilla Extract
• 12 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Set aside.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Set aside.
5. With mixer at slow speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk.
6. Beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
7. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
8. Pour into cupcake liners.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
I would use any of the following frostings – depending on what mood you’re in!
Pinapple Cool Whip Frosting
Classic White Cupcakes with white pearls! LOVE it!
Mini White Cake Cupcakes. So Cute!
That’s all for today. Have a fabulous Wednesday, and as always, Stay Sweet!