It’s Wednesday! That means halfway through the week. You made it this far, I think it’s time for a super indulgent treat! How about some chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes? These cupcakes are so good, that I have a hard time sharing them. This recipe is fool-proof and will be one you use for many events to come. I promise!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Chocolate Cake: I always use this chocolate recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting:
Recipe from The Cupcake Review
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips (optional).
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, unsalted butter, salt, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- Add milk and continue mixing until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary. With the mixer running, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, mix until well combined.
- At this point you can mix in the eggless cookie dough mixture that you placed in the fridge. Mix in enough cookie dough to suit your taste. I like a lot 🙂
Frost your chocolate cupcakes with this delicious cookie dough frosting, top with some mini chocolate chips, or even some choco9late jimmies, and enjoy!!
Have a great rest of your week my friends. Stay Sweet!