It should come as no surprise to that I love anything and everything girly! Including the color PINK! I especially love pink around the holidays – aren’t hot pink Christmas trees adorable?? These days it’s “trendy” to decorate with colors other than the traditional red, green, and silver. So today I want to give you a recipe for festive strawberry buttercream cupcakes. These will be a huge hit at any holiday party and are really fun to decorate!
- 2 sticks of softened sweet-cream butter (unsalted)
- 3 cups of powdered sugar (no need to sift)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of Strawberry extract
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
- Pink food coloring
- In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together powdered sugar and butter on medium high speed. Once combined, whisk for about 3 minutes until light and fluffly
- Add the vanilla and strawberry flavoring – mix well
- Add the whipping cream and food coloring and whisk for another 3 minutes
Golden Butter Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) (plus 2 Tbsp.) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) (pure) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. In measuring cup, mix milk and vanilla.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat just until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally with a spatula.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake for about 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Til next time, stay sweet!
P.S. Don’t forget you can get 10% off any cupcake purchase if you use the code SCCS10. Visit my shop for some yummy holiday treats. www.etsy.com/shop/staycalmcupcake