Happy Monday! Well, as happy as a Monday could possibly be, I guess. I trust everyone had a fun Halloween filled with sweet candies, fun costumes, and lots of laughter.
Since I don’t have any little ones, and I’m much to old to go Trick-or-Treating by myself, I didn’t get any candy this Halloween! In all fairness though, I could have bought myself a bag of treats from Target, but It just would not have been the same 🙂 So last night I whipped up a batch of Cookies and Cream Cupcakes! They were delicious! The absolute perfect late night snack. Here’s the recipe – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcake (adpted from a vanilla cake recipe on foodnetwork.com)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Regular or silver cupcake paper liners
** I add 2 tbs of lemon juice to this recipe. You can’t taste the lemon in the cupcake, it just improves the vanilla flavor. Make sure to not put more then 2 tbs though, or you’ll end up with lemon cake instead of vanilla
Make the Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixer with a whip attachment, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to cream. Gradually add the vanilla and eggs and mix in well. Sift together the dry ingredients; then mix into the butter mixture alternating with the milk. Pour batter into cupcake paper-lined muffin tins filling them 3/4 full. Bake until puffed and firm in the center and light golden brown on top, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
Cookies and Cream Frosting
- 5 oreo cookies
- Marshmallow Whip Frosting (https://fontgirl.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/marshmallow-whip-and-mingle-monday/)
- Milk Chocolate Frosting (https://fontgirl.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/chocolate-caramel-cupcakes/)
- Mix the Marhmallow and Milk Chocolate frostings together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until the frosting is a light brown color.
- Crumble the oreo cookies into very small pieces. I put my oreos in a zip-loc bag and rolled over them with a rolling pin. You don’t want large chunks, you want small crumbles.
- Add the cookie crumbs to the frosting. Mix on medium speed until well combined
- Place in piping bag and decorate your cupcakes!
This frosting is a great one to make if you have some leftover chocolate and vanilla frosting. While I used Marhmallow and Milk Chocolate frosting, you could easily use any kind of vanilla frosting and mix it in wth a choclate one.
** Don’t forget to enter my Stay Calm Cupcake Kit Giveaway!! TWO Winners will be announced on Nov. 8th https://fontgirl.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/619/
Until Next Time, Stay Sweet! xoxo