Happy Friday my sweets!
Today I decided that I am going to post any green, four-leaf clover, St.Patrick’s day posts until March! Lately I have felt like the department stores, preparing for the next holiday before the previous one is even over. Valentine’s Day just ended and we have a good amount of time before we celebrate with the Irish. So I’m going to take a break on holiday postings. Is that ok with you guys?
Today I want to share with you one of my all time favorite, comfort food cupcake recipes. I don’t know about you, but I have had a pretty long, fairly stressful week. So this cupcake comes just in time – for me at least.
Nothing says homemade better than a carrot cake cupcake with bits of nuts, raisins, and delicious spices. Top it off with rich, tart, cream cheese icing, and this gal is in cupcake heaven. So please enjoy this recipe and remember that when life gets a little hectic, Stay Calm, and Have a cupcake! Xoxo
Carrot Cake Cupcake
(I used Marthat Stewart’s recipe and adapted it just a tad)
Makes 12 cupcakes – 24 minis
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of rasins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and salt. Add flour; mix.
- Stir in carrots, raisins, and walnuts
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
Creamy Dreamy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages of 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 2 Sticks of unsalted Butter
Cream together cream cheese and butter – Mix on high speed up soft and well combined
Add the powder sugar one cup at a time – mixing thoroughly after each cup
Add in the vanilla and mix well
Beat on medium high speed until desired consistency is achieved.